Recipe

Crazy Busy and a Delicious Lamb Curry

To say the last few weeks have been a little on the crazy side would be an understatement. I’m not talking just a little of an understatement either. Every so called ‘spare’ minute has been used up for one thing or another (I won’t bore you with the details). Sadly this is the reason why there has been a slight drought on the posts lately. Rest assured I’ve got plans!

Now enough with the pathetic excuses for me being slack, let’s talk about feelings food!

Recently I have been doing a little bit of blogging for my local Kitchenware store (Kitchen Warehouse). The latest post was a recipe developed to use in an electric pressure cooker and man did it rock. So here I am sharing it with you guys because it’s the only thing I’ve cooked for a while! Head over to their page, look at pretty pictures and leave a comment, you know you want to!

As far as cookbooks go, let’s just say I’ve been banned from even stepping foot into a book shop… BUT I did manage to sneak in a purchase of Rick Stein’s India. What an inspirational book! From the recipes to the pictures it’s one of the few books that make curries look sexy! I highly recommend you buy yourself a copy.

As for blog posts you must read, well just as I was about to hit publish I got distracted and found this post by the great The Sugar Hit. Check it out and remember to wipe the drool after.

I’ll be back soon with some more ramblings, a couple of pictures and maybe a recipe or two. 🙂

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

tinywhitecottage
    May 19, 2014 at 10:09 pm

Hi there and nice to see you posting! Good things happening in your neck of the woods. Your curry looks fantastic and thanks for the book recommendation. I am just starting out making curries and I’ll look for Rick Stein’s book.

Matt
      May 20, 2014 at 7:49 am

Thank you! Lots of good things happening around these parts, I hope it is the same on your side of the world? 🙂 You will absolutely love the book! There is a TV show that goes with it to 🙂

foodisthebestshitever
    May 20, 2014 at 3:46 am

That curry looks cracking my friend!
    And how good is your first home? You’re gonna have so much fun!!

Matt
      May 20, 2014 at 7:47 am

Thanks man! Words can’t even describe how much I’m looking forward to the house being finished! 🙂

foodisthebestshitever
        May 20, 2014 at 7:50 am

I remember that feeling. A kitchen you can truly call your own!! Effing magic!

laurasmess
    May 21, 2014 at 12:21 pm

How cool is that! Blogging for Kitchen Warehouse! Well done Matt! Love this post – argh, lamb. My favourite winter meat (or any time of the year, really…). So exciting to see what’s happening with your house. You’ll be cooking in your very own space in no time! Sorry to hear about the busy times though, that definitely leads to a bit of stress. Hope that you’ll hit a quieter stage soon.

Matt
      May 23, 2014 at 10:59 am

It’s very cool! They are an awesome bunch of people! 🙂 Lamb is the perfect meat for anytime of year 🙂

As for the house, it’s super exciting! Not long to go. How are your painting skills? 😛

laurasmess
        May 24, 2014 at 9:30 am

Hahaha… pretty good, actually. I painted our whole apartment pretty much on my own (Aaron helped with one room but he’s not very good with staying in the lines, haha). Sign me up!

girl in a food frenzy
    May 28, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Seriously good ramblings, stew and a whole new home! I can totally see that you have your dream kitchen going into place and I am so excited for you!

My sweetheart and I will move into our own home next year and I cannot wait to tackle the kitchen & bathroom. Now I know who to hit up for home reno tips too 🙂

Matt
      June 11, 2014 at 8:02 am

Thank you Alice! I’m so excited to get in there and give it a good work out! We’ve got our pre hand over inspection tomorrow so it won’t be long before it’s all mine! 🙂 Then I’ll start planning the outdoor kitchen 🙂

What do you think?